wireless net problem

my flatmate has a netgear router DG834G and we have been trying for ages to set up a network so i can use his ADSL internet connection too. he was given the netgear WG121 USB 2.0 network card along with the router when he bought it. the network is detected by the card but no connection is ever made. my flatmate says he s using PSK/WPA and not just WEP, and since we cannot configure that on the user interface of the card, it will never work. hhmmm... i ve read some user reviews on ebuyer.com and it seems to work for other people (or maybe they re only using WEP). so: we re stuck, and i cannot use the internet at home. please help me, i m a www addict! also, any reccomendations for alternative network cards/access points are welcome. many thanks, if anyone ever figures it out i will be eternally grateful!

Reply to
Ian
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Smith

To use WPA, you do have to have the correct driver as WPA is fairly new, also you either have to be running WinXP SP2 or (SP1 with the hotfix added)

Reply to
Airhead

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (Ian) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Are you sure about that? Have you gone to the Web Site for the card and downloaded the driver and then installed the driver and configured the card using Device Mangaer?

Linksys.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Just Me, D

Reply to
Doug Jamal

"Smith" wrote in news:4UPfd.44374$bk1.5208 @fed1read05:

I don't why you need WRV54G with VPN solution as there is WTR54G a non VPN solution.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I stand corrected hotfix = wzc no wzc= no hotfix

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.