Wireless messenger

Hi,

formatting link
Is there any alternatives for this? It only cost 40$ in the retailer store! How can such a device can do such a low price?

Bin

Reply to
Bin Chen
Loading thread data ...

Because thats the price your company is offering it at?

As usual the spam was brought to us via Google, the spammers friend.

Reply to
George

Because it can't do this...

[From their website]

Some hotspots require the user to pay a fee or have a monthly subscription in order to access their network. These locations typically expect the user's device to have a web browser where the user can enter a pin number or credit card information to pay for using the network. *These networks are not currently supported by Zipit Wireless Messenger

Reply to
DTC

No, it's not spam...

Reply to
Bin Chen

I just want to know the price that comprising this device, how about the price of the wifi chip, is it the cheapest wifi chip in the market?

Reply to
Bin Chen

Hi,

Well, I guess if you really want to know, you could buy one and take it apart...

Looks like there is 802.11 hardware now made so cheaply that it is disposable. I'm not surprised.

Actually, even though I'm not into IM'ing, I do have to say that this gadget is a little bit clever.

Although, common sense is telling me that the main users are probably going to be kids using their neighbor's (unintentionally) unsecure WAP's.

Reply to
Eric

Do you know any similar product that provide both IM like zipit and voice capability? How about the price?

Reply to
Bin Chen

Hi,

I've never really followed any of these gadgets, but I can see where you are going ---

A cheap, simple, to-the-point, gadget that will do VOIP (i.e., Skype) and IM'ing, without all the other crap that most gadgets have these days...?

Don't know of any offhand and googled for a minute but came up empty. I do like that idea though. I'd probably buy one if it was no more than ~$40.

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.