Wireless Linux Questions

Hello,

Have not used Linux in years, I have a Laptop with RedHat 9, I have a couple different wireless cards,

Linksys WUSB11 USB and a notebook adapter

and a D-Link DWL-122

Is there an easy way to make one of these work without having to recompile a kernel or rewiting the OS, possibly some detailed instructions? If not what is the best wireless card to use that will go in easy?

Also is there a way to have a GUI interface for a wireless card in Linux?

Reply to
Tory Brown
Loading thread data ...

I am able to run Redhat 9.0 and Fedora Core 2 under VMWare. The VMWare virtual drivers uses the host OS drivers, ie Windows.

David

Reply to
David Chong

Thanks for the response David! Are you using VMWare Workstation or Server? I have Workstation and I was duel booting XP and Redhat 9 but is that will work I will remove Redhat and use the diskspace for XP and VMWare. Thanks for the tip!

Tory

Reply to
Tory Brown

Hi Tory,

I am using VMWare workstation. I used to dual boot but not anymore since I started using VMWare. Now I can easily switch between both Windows and Linux and have both of them running simultaneously.

David

Reply to
David Chong

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.