Wireless keeps dropping out

Hi all,

I'm having the following problem with my wireless network, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light :)

- Problem - Notebook on it's own works fine, connects properly to the wireless network and stays connected - Bridge on it's own works fine, with my gaming console having complete internet access - It's only when I try to use both at the same time is that they drop out, i.e. Notebook will say 'connected', then 'no wireless network available' to 'connected again' - Gaming console keeps dropping in and out. - Switching either piece of equipment off, gives full functionality to the other.

- Equipment: - Desktop PC with Windows Media Center - Belkin Wireless Router hard wired to Desktop - Adsl modem hanging off Router - IBM Centrino Notebook - D-Link G810 wireless bridge connected to gaming console

- Setup - Router set to channel 11, broadcasting ssid, and with 128-bit WEP. - DHCP server enabled, and DHCP enabled on both notebook and gaming console - WCZ on desktop PC disabled - All firewalls turned off (for debugging purposes)

What am I doing wrong!

If anyone could give me any help, it would be much appreciated, as I am already pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
tom245
Loading thread data ...

Flash the router with the version of the firmware it is currently using or a later version and see if that doesn't fix the problem. Sometimes the firmware is not working right and the router needs to be flashed.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Nope, didn't work for me :(

Reply to
tom245

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.