Wireless IP Network Camera and 2Wire 2700

I have a Sony SNC-P5 Camera, 2Wire 2700hgv modem router from BT, and a PC connected to the internet.

At the moment, the 2wire is on ip 192.168.1.254. PC is 192.168.1.64 and Camera is 192.168.1.65.

I have a static IP, which we will call 213.xx.xx.xx

I can view the camera on the internal network with no problems at all, by opening a browser and browsing to http://192.168.1.65. In the camera settings I can choose what port to use for video and what one for audio. I have chosen 5000 and 5002 respectively. I can also choose whether to use TCP or UDP and Unicast or Multicast. I have TCP and Unicast.

If I choose multicast, I then need to put an address for the multicast in!?!?

I have then tried to open TCP and UDP ports 5000 - 5010 on the 2Wire gateway modem thing. I tried a port scanner and they are still showing as blocked!?!?

What I'm trying to do is access the camera from the internet...

I obviously need to forward ports etc, but how do I do it?? Do I need to forward a port from the router to the internal address of the camera OR forward the ip address of the camera to the router port!?!?

Really cant get my head round it.... as I said... working fine within the wireless network but not at all out to the net.

Running Windows XP... and I've turned the Microsoft firewall off.

HEEEELLLLPPPP.

Reply to
Peter Cashen
Loading thread data ...

On 29 Jun 2006 14:09:58 -0700, "Peter Cashen" wrote in :

You need to forward the port from the router to the internal address of the camera. You also need to make sure that the camera address doesn't change; e.g., by using a static DHCP entry for the camera MAC address.

Reply to
John Navas

Guessing, you probably need to set a Default Gateway (Router) into the camera.

mike

Reply to
mike vore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.