Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)

A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems.

Search Wireless Wiki with Google:

Main article:

Direct links to specific articles/sections:

• Wi-Fi
  • Fast Fixes to Wi-Fi Problems
  • Wi-Fi
How To
  • Wi-Fi
on a Boat

• WiMAX

• Fixed Terrestial Wireless

• Cellular

• Satellite

These are Wikis that _anyone_ can edit! Comments, corrections, and contributions welcome!

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

Except that this article seems to completely skip 802.11n, and while it mentions 802.11a in the Performance and Speed section, states in a more prominent section "Wi-Fi uses spectrum near 2.4 GHz, which is standardized and unlicensed by international agreement, although the exact frequency allocations vary slightly in different parts of the world, as does maximum permitted power." It otherwise ignores te 5GHz band.

Time for an update...

Steve

Reply to
Steve Fenwick

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:39:58 -0700, Steve Fenwick wrote in :

It's orphaned and dead.

The new wiki is

Reply to
John Navas

Except that the corresponding text on the new page linked there ("Main article", ) appears to be identical. Searching for "11n" returns no hits, but plenty with "11g", "11b", and "11a".

Also, all the equipment listed appears to be 802.11b, g, and/or a only.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Fenwick

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 22:24:15 -0700, Steve Fenwick wrote in :

Sure. I created the first site, and when I later decided to host it myself, I copied over the current content, and while there are still lots of similarities, all new content since that time, of which there is a fair amount, is only on the new site.

802.11n is still in draft, not expected to be approved until November 2009, so no conforming products are yet on the market.

All that said, these are wikis, and you are welcome to roll up your sleeves and contribute. ;)

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.