Wireless internet problem

Hi

I have a really weird problem. I try to connect the intervia wirelessly and the connection is established. I am then able to download emails, sent skype messages and be online on ICQ. However, neither with IE nor with Firefox I am able to load ANY webpage. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Tried to disable firewall and Antiviri but problem still remains.

Thanks for any help, Martin

Reply to
Martin Kress
Loading thread data ...

This has what to do with wireless internet?

You might have a proxy server setup, which is redirecting your web browsers packets, but not those of stand alone application. Assuming you're running XP: Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections ->

Lan Settings Uncheck all 3 boxes and try again.

If that doesn't work, you might find it helpful to disclose what hardware and operating system you're using.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

The question would be this. Does the problem follow if the computer is using a wire connection?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4240 (20090713) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

formatting link

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.