Wireless Internet PC Card For 64Bit Windows XP Pro (Maybe OT)

I shall be glad to know if there exists a PC Card wireless modem for EVDO/3G Wireless Broadband that will work in a Windows XP Professional 64Bit machine.

Both Verizon and Sprint offer the service and I already have the one from the former and am using an AirPrime 5220 PC Card on both my 32bit machines.

I now need such a device for a WinXP Pro 64Bit machine I am acquiring shortly. I did hear from someone that third-party drivers and/or workarounds are available for existing wireless modem cards but cannot now recall who I heard it from. Searches with Google and also at PlanetAMD64 as well as EVDO-Info did not yeild any immediate results.

Can anyone help with this one? I shall be real grateful.

Regards and thanks in anticipation.

Tachyon

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
Tachyon
Loading thread data ...

Tachyon, since you can exceed the speed of light in a vacuum, you must know that 64-bit drivers are somewhat rare. If your wireless provider does not have a 64-bit modem, then you are out of luck unless your spanking new 64-bit computer has a 32-bit emulation mode for a driver.

This should not be a problem to you, Tachyon, since you can investigate at speeds exceeding the speed of light in a vacuum.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

Have you tried contacting the vendor(s) of the card(s) in question and ask if you can be a beta-tester? I can't believe such drivers are not in development.

BTW, you might want to try your searches using X64.

Reply to
miso

My response at the bottom:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much for the response. I feel likewise too after reading your message and shall be contacting the manufacturers shortly!

Regards and thanks again.

Tachyon

Reply to
Tachyon

---------------

Thanks for the response - I agree with you wholeheartedly!

I shall be investigating whether Windows XP Pro 64 does have a compatibility mode for 32bit drivers.

Ah, the frequent transformation into my corresponding Tarydon (to investigate in the real world) is kinda wearing out my photo-neurons!

Tachyon

Reply to
Tachyon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.