Wireless internet doesn't work when cordless phone in use

Lately I've been losing wireless network access when the cordless phone is in use elsewhere in the house.

My PC is connected to a 5GHZ wireless Pace/U-Verse home Gateway VIA Netgear dual band USB adapter. The cordless phone base station is

5.8GHZ sitting right next to the wireless gateway, and is VOIP connected to the gateway. Another PC is using the same model of Netgear adapter 10 feet away from the gateway (also on 5ghz) and it has no trouble accessing the internet at that same time the cordless is in use.

I haven't tried switching over to the 2.4GHZ radio on the PC during the outages (didn't think of it until now), but I know my Android phones have working 2.4GHZ wireless during the lone PC outage.

This just started happening out of the blue after 6 months of the same setup. Is there an easy explanation for this?

-sw

Reply to
Sqwertz
Loading thread data ...

Nope. I have the same problem. I've changed filters, router, modem etc and come to the conclusion it's something on the telco's side. I have to reboot the modem every time it happens. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

And it turns out this same problem persists even after switching ISP's and home gateways to those of Google Fiber and Google VoIP Phone service.

Switching over the 2.4ghz radio on the PC while the phone is in use fixes the problem, as it also did when I had UVerse service.

-sw

Reply to
Sqwertz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.