Wireless internet but no LAN

Reply to
DLink Guru
Loading thread data ...

The router section is being used for the internet connection.

Reply to
DLink Guru

You are lost. The router supplies Internet connection to the built in Wap and Hub/Switch parts of the unite.

I have been building/repairing wired and wireless equipment for over 9 years, first started working at proxim and then 2wire.

Reply to
DLink Guru

You're correct about going from a 604 to a 524. I have upgraded the firmware on the 524 to the latest, which is 1.03 (pretty sure...). What I haven't done yet is try the drivers specifically for the version of the adapter I wound up with. I have a version 'C' and what I downloaded doesn't match what I was supplied with.

I considered a drop from a 9-story building onto bare concrete, but I live in a 1-story home.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Reply to
Robert Barr

That's where I am at this point. I downloaded the software for my version ('C') of the adapter, and it doesn't match what was supplied in the package (on the accompanying CD, anyway).

We'll see if that helps any, but now I can't seem to get any file sharing at all to work, even reverting to the 604 and the wired adapter... getting annoying.

Thanks for the suggestions.

RB

Reply to
Robert Barr

Even more reason to blast it with a shotgun instead... That big ole gaping hole in it will make it pretty obvious why it doesn't work :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

What ever dude.

Reply to
DLink Guru

Actually, I was pretty much planning to watch the results from the safety of the upper floor window... the equipment would be taking the plunge. Perhaps a good knock could straighten something out.

Reply to
Robert Barr

Well, now that you have things working, and the nasty thing that drove you crazy sitting around.... I double recommend the shotgun, to relieve your frustrations that it caused... (unless you are REALLY frustrated, then a sledge hammer and/or machine gun is very cathartic)

:)

Robert Barr wrote:

Reply to
Peter Pan

I popped a new adapter into the desktop -- a D-Link this time, instead of the motherboard-based adapter. Everything works great.

WTF.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Including the one about the shotgun.

RB

Peter Pan wrote:

Reply to
Robert Barr

Hello Sorry to post and not be of help. But this must be a normal persistant problem.. As I have the same But mine is with differant kit. I have 4 PC'c on the wired part of a Linksys wag54g all with out any problems at all (they will talk and see each other allday long and have full internet access) As is yours my problem is the wirless on my laptop. I use the linksys 54g pcmcia card. But I have no problems in accessing the internet but no way can I see any of the PC's on the wired side of the router But if i put the laptop on the wired side it is all ok and logs on to the lan no problem.. Strange But same as yours.. Soor to be of no help . Infact hopping to piggy back your thread to get help myself Thanks

regs Andy

P.S. I have set up a IP address in the alternate configeration as it usually cannot find it from the router? could this be a problem

Reply to
Andy

I had something similar, which was 'fixed' by using a different channel, 6 or 11 instead of 1.

Reply to
Allan Anderson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.