Wireless G Range Extender question - please

I have a WRK54G wireless router that works great on my main computer and another that is connected via USB (WUSB54GS). These work well, other than the occaisional need to reset the router to get the connection up and working again. My problem is my laptop. It connects via a wireless card (WPC54GS) and it works very well also as long as it is close enough. However the one place everyone wants to use the laptop is in a part of my house with poor / no connectivitiy. Should I add a Range Extender (WRE54G Wireless-G Range Expander) to deal with this or should I scrap the entire thing, including the parts that work well for me in favor of a Wireless-N system? Thanks for any info on this decision!

Reply to
James Kaplan
Loading thread data ...

You could add a simple reflector. If you get some signal at the laptop now, this could give you substantial boost.

formatting link
EZ-12, printed on photo paper for thick stock, with aluminum foil glued to the sail, provides a substantial boost in signal.
formatting link
The signal with the reflector is not only 13dB stronger, it's more stable.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.