wireless distance of 2 km

if i have 2 house the distance is 2 km , so what antenna i can use for them i already have 2 Access Point Netgear WG301 , plz guys tell me ur opinions to make thie 2 km coverage very good , waitting ur answers guys

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
akram
Loading thread data ...

Are there any buildings or geogrraphical features that are in the way. If there are, you will have to be able to clear those obstructions, so You may need a tower of some sort.

Reply to
Dana

Turn them down to 1 Kbps speed an they'll. work. That's about one thousandth the speed of DSL.

The point I'm trying to make is you need to provide more information.

Are the two locations at the same elevation? How high a tower can you put at both ends, or at least one end? Any trees or hills in the way? What bandwidth (speed) are you expecting. What reliability do you want?

Reply to
nevtxjustin

Just out of curiosity (and to be my usual annoying self), he didn't give details, this is a wireless group, how do you know the OP doesn't want two tin cans and a string? Strings are wireless... why complicate things with electronics? :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

You're right. Maybe he could implement an RFC1149 network.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Hemphill

Just out of, yet more, curiosity... What is the practical limit of that mechanical "push me, pull you" technology? Some nutter must have tried for a record :-)

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

Actually "sound Tubes" have been around for many years, Longest I see at this site (taxi queue at melbourne airport) are 13.6 Kilometers...... That's a whole bunch more than 2!, and it's definately wireless! :)

formatting link
If you are thinking of other types of wireless transmissions (instead of just voice), the current record for wireless transmission (actually over radio, and only one direction, but stars don't have electronics, in this case a quasar), is over 1000 light years! :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

thread:

formatting link
FIRST, you need line of sight or it simply won't work. PLUS you need to account for the fresnel effect.

Use these calculators to determine the gain you need on each end:

formatting link
You may find that there are some variables you need to learn about.

Read link above plus this link:

formatting link
inform yourself about the variables in a wireless system.

Come back here to ask specific questions afterwords.

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.