Wireless disconnects when quicktime is used to watch a video stream

Whne trying to run quick time ver 7.2 to watch a video stream my wireless router just disconnects. I am using the router to connect a desktop (win XP Home) and a laptop (Win XP Pro.) both to each other and to the net. As soon as I try to use quick time the router just disconnects I then lose all connections between machines and the net. On topof this I need to reboot the router to get it to connect again, using the windows repair module has no effect unless the router is switched off and then on again. Is it possible there is a port conflict of some sort?

Nkosi

Reply to
Nkosi
Loading thread data ...

"Nkosi" hath wroth:

Any particular maker and model wireless router? Also, the harware version (from the serial number tag) and the firmware version from the web based status page?

Does it disconnect *ONLY* when you rung Quicktime, or does it also have problems with other types of streaming media?

What type and speed of broadband connection? Satellite, cable, DSL, etc?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.