Wireless Constant Problems

i had a LinkSys BEFW11S4 and now a USR8054. i had to restart the LinkSys at least once a day. i replaced it with the USR8054 and now it's several times a day. the wired connections work fine but the wirelesss will only connect after i restart it. it will work for a little while and then it stops. i am using the router for DHCP. i have a tablet PC and a Laptop connected wirelessly. I have 5.8 ghz phones. i also have 3 computers that always work wired. i am using Optimum Online with a Motorola VOIP Modem. i can connect to a neighbors WAP no problem all the time. The neighbor shows a lesser signal. The USR8054 signal is always "GOOD" or better. i have updated all the latest firmware. i truly belive that this has happened since upgrading the modem to the VOIP. i never had problems like this at my old house, now in the new house the only thing that has changed is the VOIP Motorola modem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
jroberts
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.