Wireless Connects but no internet

I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop that runs on Windows 2000 professional with a Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility. For the past few months I have not been able to open internet even if I have a solid wireless connection (all green bars, My D-Link log coincides with any time I connect or disconnect the wireless utility on my laptop). I suspect that this might have something to do with people having messed with my internet or network settings (I had issues getting my laptop to work when directly connected to my cable, many hands have tried to fix my wireless but to no success), I just don't have a clue of how to fix this.

I am not a technical person, please help!

Reply to
HanSolo
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

First of all, check if your D-Link Access Point have a built-in cable router. What D-Link model do you have? becuse this will be your gateway to the external world ( Internet).

Naim

formatting link

Reply to
Panda

The machine can have a 100% connection signal but if there is some kind of configuration issue with the router and the NIC or some kind of mis-configuration of the NIC itself, then the machine is not going to access the Internet.

Does the machine work if you use a cable with the wire NIC and connect it to a LAN port on the router? Is it able to access the Internet?

What IP does the machine have with the wireless connection as opposed to the wire connection when you go to the DOS Command prompt and enter IPconfig /all?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I had the same problem, solid wireless but no Internet. It turned out that the Internet itself was down. Check to see if the Intenet connetions works at the router.

I am using WEP and another time I made a mistake and erased the WEP key. The same thing was happening. Solid wireless but no Internet. I retyped the WEP key and it worked fine.

Still another time I had selected the wrong Profile. You can do that with just a click. Why can't I learn that if it is not broke, don't fix it.

Reply to
howkasam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.