wireless connections problems

Hi all

I'm having a bit of a problem with a wireless installation I've done recently at a farm...

The lan is receiving it's broadband from a 2.4ghz tower about 8 miles away. The farm's front end equipment is a dish on a small tower above his barn that feeds into a bridge device

formatting link
The bridge then feeds the wireless router ( dlink di624), which from there I have 2 wired systems and 3 wireless.

The local area connection is no problem whatsoever but I do lose outside access on the average about once an hour. I have replaced the wireless router 3 times with no help. I don't think heat is a factor, the room is kept at around 75) I've also used this same router at other sites (cable and dsl) with absolutely no issues.

When I first did the install I purchased linksys equipment, my druthers (wrt54g) and the local area worked fine but I could not pull a public ip (wan side) for the router. I had linksys tech support on the phone 3 times to no avail. Oh yea... this was a working router in that I had it on a cable connection for about 2 weeks with no problems.

Recently I bypassed the router and connected just one of the systems. We ran for several hours with no problems. I think what I will do next is run again bypassing the router for 12 hours (probably saturday when the staff is at a minimum). If successful I'm thinking of maybe setting up one system as a gateway and then run internet connection sharing then using the wireless router in bridge mode. Again there is no problems on the local area access (shared files and such) when we lose outside connection.

any comments? or has anyone else had teletronic equipment experience?

thanks Dennis Meissner

Reply to
dennis
Loading thread data ...

I think I may have fixed my problem... I was a little hesitant to call the vendor of the isp supplied hardware (thinking I'd like to deal with the isp first) but I posted my question on teletronics support page. They called me in about 10 minutes.

The support rep suggested I run the router in bridge mode. So I plugged the wan cable into one of the lan ports, turned off dhcp and voila! (ok I'm holding my breath for awhile) but it looks good so far!

Dennis

Reply to
dennis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.