Wireless connection to fixed lan

Sounds like you don't have a default gateway set.

but we don't know because you haven't disclosed any IP addressing in use!

:)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

I got the following setup:

Wireless Lan Gateway: 3Com 3CRWE454G72 XP Client with Wireless USB adapter: US Robotics MaxG USB adapter USR805421

The problem:

The GW and adapter connect but I can't get outside of my system networking wise..

I can ping local address but nothing outside of the client system.

IP settings are correct (both in same subnet and correct netmask applied).

I'm not sure where to look for the cause. Is the client not correctly configure or do I have another problem on my network.

Another system (laptop with a usb wlan adapter) has no problem connecting and using the network/internet. So I strongly suspect the client with the USR adapter. Can't find anything wrongly configured on the AP side.

Also, small question. the 3Com gw/ap has an encryption tab in it's menu but when I try to click on it it says 404 not found so probably no encryption available. Is it easy to add? and does it support WPA or only WEP?

Regards,

Walther.

Reply to
Walther

Lets have all the IP addressing for starters of all devices

Reply to
David Taylor

I have set a default gateway...

K.. got me there :)

network: 192.168.16.0 gw addres: 192.168.16.1 AP: 192.168.16.10 netmask: 255.255.255.0

clients range from .10 to .20

What exactly do you need? Because i can't believe this is enough to help me :)

greetz...

Walther

Reply to
Walther

well didn't do anything but glad it works now.

Reply to
David Taylor

Hello David,

The problem is solved.. it turned out to be a problem in the firmware of the 3Com gw. I had to restore factory defaults and reconfigure the damn thing but now it works...

Thanx for you help David.

Greetz..

Walther

Reply to
Walther

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.