Wireless connection problem

I have a weird problem that started last night. I'm using the wireless connection on my laptop (Acer Aspire 9300). Everything was working great until last night.

Now when my laptop is plugged into the wall for power, I lose my wireless connection instantly. I remove the power plug and my wireless connection comes back. I've tried a couple of things, reboot, reload the drivers, all with no help. When I'm running on batteries, I can see my wireless connection along with others from all my neighbors, but if I plug in the power, they all disappear and I see nothing.... I even plugged my my laptop in 2 to 3 feet from my wireless router and still nothing unless I remove power.

Anyone ever seen a problem like this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as its getting old only being able to surf the net for an hour at a time while running on my battery.

Reply to
junkie_ebay
Loading thread data ...

X-No-Archive: yes

after pluging into the mains have you restarted the computer? if this do not work, then try and keep the power supply in the mains lead as far away from the computer and router as possible. it may be that the power supply is starting to give interverance due to age.

Reply to
banjo

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I've tried rebooting with ac power attached and removed, same thing. I've also moved the plugin around so the power-pack is not right by the case also with no help. Also the laptop is only a month old, (11 Dec 06) so age shouldn't be an issue.... I've got a tech-support case open with Acer, but have yet to hear anything back, so I was trying to get ideas from the message boards while I'm waiting.

Reply to
junkie_ebay

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.