Wireless Connection over 56k

Hi all,

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on the following problem/scenario. Basically what I want to do is surf the Internet wirelessly in my home in the UK - only got a 56K connection. The laptop I would be using would be a PC one equipped with a 802.11g PCMCIA Card. I thought it would be just a case of finding a wireless

56k modem but I cant find one, does anyone know if they still make these? If they don't then can anyone point me to a solution. Would a normal usb external modem plugged into a wireless receiver (dont know the appropriate term) work?

TIA, Yellman

Reply to
Yellman
Loading thread data ...

wireless

Here is how I did it. I bought a regular router that supports rs232.(DB9 connection serial port) I used an Asante FR3004LC, they dont sell these anymore but you can usually find one on ebay or SMC has one

formatting link
or US Robotics made one but not sure of the model I then bought a cheap external 56K modem to attach to the router and also plugged in a Linksys wrt54g (in AP mode) to the router. Then you are surfin!

Reply to
Airhead

formatting link
is a WiFi router with Ethernet and phone modem inputs.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Neill Massello

formatting link

Reply to
Ted

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.