wireless card reconfigureation

i have a verizon V620 wireless card ... and for some reason it has changed the number ... and im no where near a verizon wireless company ... i am overseas on a business trip ... i need to program my number back into this card ... if you know a program out there that can be helpful and solve my problem ... i would be much grateful to know ... price doesnt matter ... if its freeware even better ... but please help ... i need this card soon ... and its not functioning right at all ... in the least i cant wait till i get back to the states ... for where im about to be transported has no connection at all ... any help would be great ...

thanks

Reply to
linux_base_program
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
[cross-posted to alt.cellular.verizon]
Reply to
John Navas

That is more than unusual, it is wrong. Your details are stored in firmware inside the card. Sorry, but if it isn't holding your phone number, then something more than just the number is wrong. It is possible that the area you are in is "broadcasting" something to your aircard that is resetting it; odder things have happened. But I'm not aware of any such general problems. Good Luck. dr

PS: On the other hand: your 10 digit aircard phone number could be useless if you are abroad, as your dial up number may need an international association to it. Not sure if it would be working at all, unless you have local cdma towers that recognize your U.S. phone number. Just thinking outloud. dr

Reply to
dr news

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.