Wireless card and shutdown problem

Lets see.. Pc works fine without the card, but screws up with the card.. I would suppose it may be the card. Why not try a different one? (come to think of it, who is sitecomm? All I can find online is they seem to be a european company)

I just wonder why, in your own words, you say you know the problem is not the pc or xp, so why do you keep reformatting the hard disk/reinstall xp etc, and refuse to use one of the many dozens of cards people use all the time with no problems, but keep reinstalling a card that causes problems?!?!

I suggest trying a different card...

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

I would get a different card. On the microsoft website they have a list of manufacturers cards that are compatible with XP, could be the one you have is not. Sorry I dont have the link, but a little searching at microsoft .com should show the results.

Reply to
Airhead

Hi

Can anyone shed any light on a solution to this problem please?

New HP pc, I installed a Sitecom wireless pci card, everything works fine except the pc (windows xp home) restarts instead of shutting down.

I've searched for days for a solution, I've tried everything ever posted about windows xp shutdown problems and I'm exasperated! I've formatted the pc about 4 times now and it's only a week old!

If i take the card out, the pc shuts down perfectly, so i know this is were the problem lies.

If anyone can help, I'd be extremely grateful! I've got into a few extra options on the bios by hitting f12 on startup but nothing there worked either :(

Many thanks

Maureen

Reply to
Maureen Williams

Thanks, I'll check the microsoft site. I was using this card in an Win98 machine until last week, and initially had the same shutdown problem. Fortunately, I found a setting in the bios that I could change and it solved the problem. I was hoping there may be a solution similar for this machine.

Thanks again

Maureen

Reply to
Maureen Williams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.