Wireless Audit Bridge Mode

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum but I thought someone might be able to help me with a question I have. I was performing a wireless audit/site survey to look for any rogue access points on our network and to locate/place our AP?s on a satellite image of our facilities.

We have two sites that are connected via a wireless bridge 802.11g and at the root bridge site I see our AP within Ekahau (passive monitoring software) but at the non root bridge site I come back with no signal being picked up. These are both setup to bridge only but I should still be able to passively see traffic which I could from one site but not the other.

The WAP's are Cisco Aironet 1400 series. Is the reason I'm not seeing traffic on the far end because of the non-root bridge setting? Could someone explain why?

Your help is appreciated,

Lee

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
CandH
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.