Wireless Antenna

Absolutely... Called a WiFi repeater (they make cell phone repeaters, but this is a specific WiFi repeater).... See a few different models at

formatting link
and check them out...

I use the VP2210 - Outdoor Wi-Fi base station (uses the high roof/12 FT above the ground of my RV, antenna for Wi-Fi, and repeats inside for use on my 'puters/PDA's etc.).

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

Can you hook a outside antenna "Picking up a hot spot"to something and broadcast it around the house with out going threw a computer. Thanks Ed

Reply to
Ed Williams

I have a D link dwl-800ap+. To set it up I think you have to add a mac address how do I get the mac on a hot spot. Thanks Ed

Reply to
Ed Williams

Taking a moment's reflection, Ed Williams mused: | | Can you hook a outside antenna "Picking up a hot spot"to something and | broadcast it around the house with out going threw a computer.

Technically, this is what an AP in repeater mode would do. Find one that supports an external antenna.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

maybe download and install Boingo software, it shows ap mac

Reply to
bumtracks

Don't suppose you're trying to use someone else's signal and use it throughout your house? Nah, you wouldn't do that, it's not legal.

Reply to
Alan White

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.