Wireless adapter not working

My daughter logged on to an unsecured neighborhood wireless network. After she did, and shut down and re-booted the machine the next day, some pretty strange things have happened that I do not seem to be able to repair. The sound was uninstalled as well as her wireless adapter. The sound is working again. The wireless adapter is not working properly now. We are getting a message that the wireless adapter state is not found in the registry. I have deleted the 3945ABG Intel Pro wireless software and reinstalled using Intel download software version and turned on (started) everything that I can find to start and yet the registry entry is not recreated. I also suspect the missing file is the WLAN as it shows a dependency and that it is missing. Can anyone advise us on this? I've tried several things now and some of those have gotten us closer to being fixed but not completely. Is there a programming floating around out there that would have done this and might still reside on the computer and that needs to be removed? Thanks...... Her machine is a Viso laptop Windows XP Professional.

Reply to
heidipups
Loading thread data ...

You might try a system restore. Pick a restore point before this problem occurred

Reply to
RBM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.