Wireless access point attached to a switch?

Hi all,

Please could you take a look at my network map below and tell me firstly if you think it is any good! and secondly whether it is possible to add a wireless access point to a one of the switches so wireless internet is available throughout the house.

The Netgear DG834G wireless router is going to be situated in the cellar/basement so the range of it is going to be limited so I wanted to have another access point further up the house to allow wireless to anyone that wanted it so is it possible to just add an access point to one of the 2 Netgear switches?

[image:
formatting link
Also if any of you have any better ideas for this network, feel free to let me know :)

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
nitch
Loading thread data ...

nitch hath wroth:

The image is much too small (320 x 240 pixels or 9KBytes) to be readable. Make it bigger and also draw the lines the way the wires actually run, not in some artistic pattern.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.