Wireless access point and Zone Alarm

I have a network that is comprised of both a router that connects four hardwired PC's and a wireless access point that connects to the router and services several laptops, a Sony PSP and a pocket PC via a wireless connection.

The system works and has no problems. The various computers can all access the Internet and share files with the other computers.

But Zone Alarm logs a significant number of attempts by the wireless access point 192.168.1.245 to access my personal PC (it is hardwired to the router. Zone Alarm blocks these attempted connections.

My guess is that the WAP is either doing a port scan or it is trying to send a log file to my PC. My question is: Is it safe to put the address for the wireless access point in the "Trusted Zone" as I have done with the other computers in my network or could that compromise the security on my network?

Reply to
Ajax
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.