Wireless Access Point

This is probably a basic question, but I have not been able to find an answer for it.

Current situation - Wireless Router on Second Floor with Wireless USB Adapter in Basement. Getting slow speeds.

Thoughts - I am looking at putting a powered Wireless Access Point in the basement to increase the speed of the connection.

Questions -

Do Wireless Access Points communicate wirelessly with Routers?

Will the Access Point being plugged into the wall increase its power, therefore its speed to the router over what I am currently getting?

Will the connection be weaker because I would be adding an additional wireless leg to the connection between the computer and the router?

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I am trying to find the best and cheapest option for wireless before I start looking at wither the basement needs to be hardwired into the network.

Thank in advance

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
schwar42
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.