Wired home network.

Well keeping this on the technical level, try a Google on groups for something like "home computer network"

Curiously, the firewalls newsgroup just doesn't feature until the 20th hit. There are plenty far more appropriate groups don't you think?

But yes to give you credit, you offered an alternate, not a very good one but it was an alternate.

I've also noticed that you're spelling is a bit off the mark today, something up? A little drunk perhaps or some other deficiency.

Oh and by the way, it *is* a technical debate when someone asks how to do something technically. I fail to see why you don't get that?

Reply to
David Taylor
Loading thread data ...

David Taylor wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.cable.ntlworld.com:

Again you moron, I gave him wired router and FW appliance solutions he could look at, if the OP is so inclined. I am going to tell you this again David. You are not f****ng *God* out here and I am not following you around posting to you like some kind of a *clown* like you're making out to be. But I'll give you this; you're some kind of jackass Natzie lunatic. I'll give you that.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

You need to find a woman David and try to impress her or something. I think you have been out here on the Internet too long and you have lost it. Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Take a look at yourself in the mirror while you're at it over there in the FW NG while you bicker like the *clown* that you are and here too.

I notice one thing about you. You're a gutless *clown* and you need help to come at someone. In other words, you can't piss on your own. And you don't know when to stop the pissing contest either. :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Hi, Wired is faster and secure since you can run cable easy. Just buy a router with AP. Once wired setup works A-OK venture into wireless. I have 4 PCs in my house as well, main floor, upstairs, basement. I can run wired or wireless. Mostly we stay with wire, But if I go to back yard patio, I go wireless. Or downtown where free wireless access is possible for general public. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks to all who have provided some info. yes, I am foolish perhaps for asking this question in a wireless newsgroup. Thought I would start somewhere. I haven't made any decisions WHAT to do yet, but haven't considered the powerline idea. I assume it uses the "ground" wire?? I only wish to provide internet connectivity to some PC's upstairs and some downstairs. I could run a cable from attic (meaning any room on the second floor) to where my cable modem is at this PC/desk. Using powerline would negate that "wahr run". might be nice.

I will check into it..

Reply to
NoName

Well, thanks for the info. I think I have a little better idea of what to SEEK.

don't know why everything always has to get so nasty and personal. But there was some help here. again thanks.

Reply to
NoName

Staying on topic is optional in most usenet newsgroups.

Wrong. The 4.5 to 21MHz signal is between the line and neutral. The protective ground wire is not used.

Run the CAT5e cable. Less hassles, more speed, cheaper, etc.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

You're welcome.

After all, this is the Internet and some people just don't have a *life* and can't get a life apprently in the real world either. So, they hang out in the Internet/NG world like David the Lone Natzie Ranger and his partner in crime Floyd Ronald Mac Donald.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Don't even think you're being foolish because you are not. Asking for assistance and learning from others is what these newsgroups are all about. When we can offer assistance, we do and when we cannot, we read and learn from those who can and then use that gained knowledge to assist others in the near future. Take care.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.