winxp box with wireless router to win98se box with USB adapter

I can't get this to work with Netgear equip't (tried 2 different adapters). The best I could do recently was pick up the signal, but no access. On first install of the adapter, it puts the correct static ip addresses in the win98se box. When I choose get address automatically, it doesn't find it. Fresh Win98se install. Would a pci wireless card have a better chance? The usb ports work with a jump drive. It worked briefly with the first adapter then nada. MA814v2 "b" router/ Ma111v2 or WG111Na usb adapters. I thought the adapter was fried so I tried another one. Are they supposed to get warm? Maybe it's the router, or the usb ports, or winxp with sp2 (so little time, so many issues to work out? I know there are d/l's for some of these issues, but I don't think they apply to v2's of these things.

Reply to
zZero
Loading thread data ...

p.s. silly responses only.. helpful responses will not be tolerated.

Reply to
zZero

How big? Ball pean or regular. Which end? Both router & adapter? What then? Sly, but concise responses only, please..

Reply to
zZero

Oh, OK. Hit it with a larger hammer. :-)

Reply to
Scrote

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.