Windows update / wifi problem

iu Guys, I use an AlfA AWUS036H wifi adapter. About three weeks ago I started have problems getting internet access. I seems that the wifi is connecting but there is no internet at the router, I know there is internet are the router. I went through reinstalling drivers and then doing a restore. It worked about two weeks and happened again. I did a restore. This morning wifi wasn't working, I did a restore, it worked fine for a few hours and quit, a restore fixed it.

The common point, a Window Critical Update, I restored to before the update each time and fixed the problem.

Could the windows update cause the problem? (I can hear the howls :-)

What do I do about it?

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx
Loading thread data ...

Just got another update and wifi quit working. Did a restore, wifi works. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Step 1. Identify the specific update. That should be pretty easy. Step 2. Decide if you really need it.

If so, resign yourself to identifying and resolving the underlying compatibility issue, but if you don't really need it, just 'hide' it and you'll never be bothered with it again.

In the meantime, go easy on the System Restores. Depending on how long it's been since your last one and how much restorable activity has occurred, doing a System Restore might change a lot of things, not just the one thing that you want it to change.

Reply to
Char Jackson

After one more no wifi/restore, restore didn't get me back online. So now I'm confused, not that I wasn't confused before. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

wow - and here I thought it was gonna be about installing new "windows" in a house, and having probs with the WiFi making it thru the double/triple pane glass...

Reply to
ps56k

Me too

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Ya, sometimes the mind just goes in the wrong direction. Like this:

I'm thinking about getting a New Car for my wife.

Do you think that's a good trade?

Mikek :-)

Reply to
amdx

depends on the car - and the photos of your wife -

Reply to
ps56k

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.