WiMax power consumption

Hi everyone,

I've been scurrying the web looking for the energy consumption/bit for various WiMax versions (a,b,d). I've found the e/bit for Zigbee and Ultra-wideband, but had no luck for 802.16. Has anybody come across this information?

While I'm here, has anybody come across a good physical layer representation of 802.16d (the mesh standard)? Matlab would do. I'm looking to model the Shannon Capacity between two mesh nodes in the presence of interference, with disjointed available channels, minimum input receiver sensitivities and limited battery power per node. Any physical layer representation for 802.16d that would help perform this study would be helpful (I'm not actually sending data, I'm mimicking message transfer using exponential holding times of physical layer resources).

I'm also looking for a good physical layer representation of 802.15.4 Zigbee and 802.15.3 Ultra-wideband.

Thanks in advance, Omar

Reply to
Ginu
Loading thread data ...

I've been estimating these physical layers with minimum input receiver sensitivities, maximum transmit powers, fixed channel bandwidths and frequencies of operation that are consistent with these technologies, but my transmission rates are FAR too high.

Reply to
Ginu

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.