WiLogic (WISP)?

Hello! I hope this is the proper newsgroup to ask about WISPs.

Is anyone here using WISP service with this company? If so, then how is it? Are there anything good and bad out of it that I should know? It looks like a small company. I cannot find a lot about this company (e.g., its history, PRs, etc.) on its Web site

formatting link
I live in Southern CA and thinking about getting WISP from them. First, they need my address and phone number to survey my home area. I don't know why they need my phone number even though I told them to e-mail me for contacts instead and it is not like DSL that uses phone lines.

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
ANTant
Loading thread data ...

Not familiar with WiLogic, but I'm familiar with other small WISPs. If a customer is reluctant to give out a phone number, I'd be reluctant to roll a truck to go do a site survey and install wireless equipment. What if I need to call to change an appointment, ask them to verify service, ask why they've not paid their bill, etc?

Reply to
Rôgêr

I haven't sent them anything yet like my home address, billing information, etc. All they needed is the location to survey the area. I did mention that I have speech and hearing impediments so using telephone is difficult. I don't mind giving them the number when I am ready to order the WISP service.

Note this is survey the area, not installation.

Reply to
ANTant

Okay, fair enough. From what I know (take that for what it's worth) most small WISPs try hard to make things work. Yes, there's some that don't know their stuff and can't be bothered to learn it, but I think that's the exception. I'd either ask them for references or snoop up a couple or three of my own. If you know what kind of outdoor gear they're using, it won't be too hard to find some of their customers, just drive around some.

I just looked at some info on WiLogic from the web, they don't seem like such a tiny company to me, but then I'm more out in the boonies than some.

Reply to
Rôgêr

I asked for information about their equipments, but the guy did not answer. I have not seen anything that look like WISP connections around here. I did see a few of those antennae and dishes though, but they looked like TV types.

Ah, where are you at? I got a reply from WiLogic guy after midnight today: "If we have any news near future to connect you with our service you will be informed accordingly and provide you information related to Wi-Logic."

:(

Reply to
ANTant

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.