WIFI works in Adhoc, but not in "Infrastructure mode"

Hi

I have a weird WIFI.

I am running XP, and Realtek 8180.

I use the Realtek RtWLAN app, version 3.1.

I can connect to the wifi just fine when in ADHOC mode, and locked to channel 6.

Most of the time I have about 74% signal strength, but sometimes it drops to 10-15% for shorter periods of time - but ir does not drop the connection when in ADHOC mode.

When I change to Infrastruture (which is what we run), I can sometimes have connection for a few seconds, sometimes for a few minutes - and then I loose the connection.

If I then change over to ADHOC modus again, I get a good and strong signal right away.

Any idea of why I loose signal in Infrastructure modus, but run fine in ADHOC?

/JJ

Reply to
Jens Jakob Andersen
Loading thread data ...

sometimes

ADHOC is for PC to PC connection, do you have 2 pcs set to adhoc? If so could be they are connecting to each other.

Since you are using a WLAN utility, make sure you have the windows xp wireless checkbox (Let windows control my wireless connection) unchecked. Also, try channel 1 or 11, maybe someone else in your area is using ch 6.

Reply to
Airhead

Make sure

Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network is DISABLED

Drop-outs/Other Wireless networks detected, will be a thing of the past......

HubSwitch

Reply to
Alan BOWNESS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.