wifi range

And you think calling anybody a d*****ad will _help_ you get somebody to do your school project for you?

1) Learn to quote (I can't see what you're asking, having missed the original post) 2) Be polite.

3) When somebody else is _not_ polite, bet on it being because you asked a stupid question, and see #2. Yes, there are some dickheads on any newsgroup, but drawing their attention to it won't help you.

Reply to
Derek Broughton
Loading thread data ...

Actually, even though I grew up calling it aluminium, by international agreement chemists call it aluminum. (yeah, I saw the smiley, but it's time to realize that the sun has set on the Empire ;-) )

Reply to
Derek Broughton

4) Don't use Usenet for homework assignments (as noted in Usenet guidelines). Those are for you to do, not us.
Reply to
John Navas

Care to cite the source of that name change? :)

I'm happy with Wikipedia

formatting link
I found it on the internet, so it must be true ;)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Would you believe alumine or alumium?

formatting link
oxide, is it alumina, alumine, or aluminia?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

im sorry guys. it's was the neurontin. made me psychotic. just visiting anyway. ill go back to the schizo group. but thanks for the helpful response chaver jeff. hell at least i added some excitement to your major geek forum. aside i will put anything metal on my head. right now i am sporting a fashionable cranial barbell weight. it does the body good. well that's it. bye bye. back to crazyland

Reply to
G

Yeah, I already apologized to David. My HS chemistry teacher insisted the international society had standardized on the American spelling. He lied to us :-( Who'd have thought that teachers could get things wrong? I'm devastated.

Reply to
Derek Broughton

That link works for me Jeff, particularly the bit:-

"the word ALUMINIUM was adopted by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemists"

:)

Reply to
David Taylor

Sucks eh? Ask a politician next time for a factual answer!

I'm figuring that at least in Canada, you can spell colour correctly and centre too.

Sorry, we digress. :)

Reply to
David Taylor

Some standards organization. Go to their search page at:

formatting link
punch in aluminum or aluminium. It get 220 for aluminum and 243 for aluminium. 37 page show both. They don't even follow their own standards. Mailing address in Triangle Research Park in North Carolina. Methinks they're traitors to the American way of mis-spelling.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.