Wifi Radiation

Suddenly dawned on me that my supposedly 500mw radio is close to me and partly inline with my body.

So started to wonder if it is just this crappy group that is making me feel ill or if it is the microwave radiation from my antenna, haha ;-)

The official word is there is no problem:

formatting link
ess_LAN

But I don't trust official info on anything nowadays.

Reply to
madeup
Loading thread data ...

I'm a doctor, and I don't either. After they revealed that 17 of the 18 experts that wrote the new hypertension -treatment "rules" for the WHO were under the pay of drug manufacturers, only a fool would trust them. []'s Follow common sense. Radiation drops off at the square of the distance. Don't prop up an antenna between your legs. :)

Reply to
Shadow

I don't know, maybe in this case.....

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Nobody really reads this group, but everyone writes.

Trust me because I'm not affiliated with any endorsement agency, PAC, or organization, and therefore have no agenda (other than my own). This is also called the blind leading the blind.

RF exposure causes insanity, impoverishment, cranial depilation, wrinkles, and other physiological and psychological effects. When I started in RF when I was a kid, I had a full head of hair, a positive attitude, a full bank account, and a steady hand. After 50+ years of RF exposure, the hair is falling out, the attitude is pessimistic, the bank account depleted, and the hand shakey. It has also caused me to mutate from a radical left wing anarchist, to a staunch right wing conservative. You can see the effect on me here:

I'm fairly certain that if it were not for RF exposure, I would still be healthy and fairly normal.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Look up 'near field' the inverse law does not apply.

Long time back we had a user that would chew the antenna on the HT equipment. One of our techs ended up rubbing the antenna between his legs in front of that user. End result no more chewed up antenna.

Reply to
NotMe

It also causes impotence. I can do without the photo. :) []'s

Reply to
Shadow

On Sep 25, 3:29=A0am, madeup wrote:

If you really think 1/2 watt is responsible for making you feel ill and you don't trust the official word... then do a real honest scientific double blind test. It will be a lot of fun. You may need to enlist the help of a trusted friend, or maybe you can craft up a program to help. You choose a hypothesis, that you will be able to detect the presence and absence of the 1/2 watt of RF radiation. You find a way to construct the experiment so that you cannot possibly cheat and get any other clues to tell you whether the RF is on or off. You don't, for example, find a way to sense the heat from the power supply being on and let this fool you into thinking you are sensing RF. You try it on and off, probably again and again, perhaps in random order, and all you need to do is be able to sense whether there is RF or not at significantly better than randomly guessing. BE CERTAIN to announce what the outcome was after you are done.

I'd really like to see half a dozen people who claim to be "electromagnetic sensitives" take part in a test like this. I might even put up the money to do this.

Now on the subject of authority and physics, Robert Park is a serious physics guy. When he talks about claims of cell phone caused cancer and things like this he points to what Einstein discovered close to a century ago and which is, or at least used to be, done as an experiment in advanced university physics classes. What Einstein found is called the photoelectric effect

formatting link
says if the wavelength is too long then the energy in each photon is too low to rip off an electron, or break a molecular bond, and now matter how much of the long wavelength radiation you spray at it, it just doesn't happen. Now Park claims, and you can go check the calculations yourself, that microwave photons are orders of magnitude too low in energy to break apart bonds in DNA or other cellular molecules. That doesn't say that microwaves can't warm you up, but standing out in the sun is exposing you to radiation that is orders of magnitude shorter wavelength and more energetic. Stand out there and soak up the UV and it will break your bonds. Even infrared "heat" is orders of magnitude more energetic per photon than router or cell phone photons. So if you are going to be scared of microwaves then maybe you want to be absolutely terrified of baseboard heaters, stoves, the sun and maybe even other warm human bodies, unless you can come up with a really convincing theory with some overwhelming solid evidence for why low energy RF photons have some special ability that higher energy IR photons do not.

Do the experiment, very very carefully. Announce the results, no matter what the results are. Please. Thank you.

Reply to
bill

Ummm... just what do you think werewolves do on the night of the full moon? I assure you that it's more than just howling.

Sigh. I thought I look rather handsome in a fur coat. There's no accounting for taste.

Did you know that cell phone towers emit enough RF to start a fire?

Actually, a TV or FM transmitter can start a fire but not at wi-fi power levels:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I thought the fur coat one was BEFORE the radiation, I loved it, reminds me of my dog. Twas the impotence photo I was fearing, the before and after.

A tiny bit more on topic. I have a thomson 508 asdl router attached to my ISP. We are entering thunderstorm "time of year" and the router will eventually get struck. (I have lost two dial-up modems in the last 10 years). I can see the MAC address on my side of the router, but not on the other side. The router is protected/ISP buggered. I can telnet into it and use some commands, but ifconfig and arp -a does an instant reboot. ISPs take weeks to replace a router. So I thought of buying one to replace the "struck" one (crosses fingers), and setting the MAC address to my official one. I'm not really sure if this is necessary, my access is by phone-number + username + password (maybe + MAC) But just in case, if I have my internal MAC, can I guess my external one, is there any industry standard that presumes it's one up or one down relative to the internal one ? Thoughts ? []'s Can you recommend an ASDL modem replacement that allows MAC spoofing ? I only need one ethernet port, it links directly to my home wireless router. (Netgear WGR614v9) PS I know no one that would lend me an asdl router so I could swap to test if MAC is necessary.

Reply to
Shadow

I suggest you offer a few more modems as a sacrificial offering to the thunder god. Immolation on a barbeque or hibachi offers prompt delivery and fairly reliable results.

Memory corruption. Is there any way you can reset the settings and reload them from scratch? Reload the firmware from scratch? Otherwise, you might have some blown RAM in the router.

I'm not familiar with the Thomson 508 DSL router.

Ask your ISP or local support group if they authenticate by MAC address. If not, you can use almost any DSL router. However, if you're going for a replacement, I suggest a stand alone DSL modem, which will cost less the next time the thunder god becomes angry.

If you have a router, the MAC addresses of the LAN port is usually one less than the MAC address of the DSL port. Just run ping 192.168.1.254 arp -a on your PC and see what the LAN port delivers.

In that case, you don't need an ADSL router. You need an ADSL modem.

I'm not going to offer a recommendation because I don't know if your ISP is doing ADSL1, ADSL2, ADSL2+ or PPoE, PPoA, DHCP, or whatever. Also, no clue on speeds. Some DSL modems do better than others for these. I kinda like Efficient/Siemens 4100 or 4200 DSL modems but I can't be sure they'll do what you want or need. $20-$30 on eBay.

However, it doesn't offer MAC address cloning or modification. Few DSL modems do. It's a feature found in routers, not modems. However, few ISP's still use MAC address authentication for DSL because it's a support hassle. You indicate that you have a user name and password, which suggests PPPoE or PPPoA so it's unlikely that you'll need to deal with the MAC address modification.

Your question has nothing to do with wireless and should be asked in your ISP support group or in a newsgroup more oriented towards DSL ISP issues, such as DSLreports.com forums.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

ADSL interfaces do not have a MAC. Just forget about it:)

I would think that any ADSL router will work as long as it has the right kind of ADSL from :-

ADSL ADSL2 - backward compatible with above ADSL2+ - backward compatible with above

Reply to
bod43

So that's why I couldn't Google it

Mine is ADSL2+ I'll buy the cheapest. Something like a Dlink DSL-500B

TY

Reply to
Shadow

OMG, I'm so used to using wireless for my networking I forgot I'm OT here. Sorry bout that. Thanks for the other suggestions BTW , you were right, he Thomson 508 is a modem. The firmware is not upgradable, as it is "leased", and they don't want people screwing it up. The setup is proprietary. It's ASDL2+ PPPoE. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Then you won't trust anything posted here, or anywhere else, oe read in a book, seen on TV or from any other source anywhere, so unplug the thing and heave it out the window.

Reply to
Fred

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.