wifi devices signal strength

Hi

Some apps like airsnort and omnipeek are able to retrieve the signal strengths of not only AP's, but also other wireless devices (laptops, pda's, ...)

These applications claim to use adapted drivers to be able to query for "advanced parameters". You can download their adapted drivers for your specific NIC for free.

While using these "adapted" drivers, i'm trying to find a way how to query the driver for singal strengths from a .NET application.

Using PCAGizmo and OIDScope I tried to capture the oid queries Omnipeek performs to get the received signal strengths from the devices, however, during my analysis, I did not found any oid query that fetched this data (after hours & hours of intensive research :( )

The thing is, I know the driver must have some sort of call/interface method to retrieve this information. Problem is, I do not know which call this is.

Does anybody have an idea on how to figure out which native method omnipeek or alike programs uses from the driver to fetch these advanced parameters (like the signal strength of all devices)

Reply to
Xabrewulf
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.