Wifi Connection Mgmt Software?

Boingo has a free one,, I havent tried it but have heard it works well. My favorite is Access Connection by IBM but it probably only comes with IBM systems.

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

Does anyone have any recommendations for software to manage various connections? I've got a T-Mobile account for use outside the house and I downloaded their software but it's weird-looking (pink?) and for some reason takes forever to notice my home connection. The only alternative I've found is PCTEL Roaming Client, which looks nice enough but costs $20. What are my other options Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

Someone e-mailed recommending Boingo - I might give it a try. I own a Thinkpad but didn't get Access Connection, likely because though some X-series models come with Wifi, mine did not. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

I used the T-Mobile software just to see what it was like. I don't remember it being pink. It seemed to pick up wireless okay.

Boingo is another one that lets you manage different profiles, and it is free.

Windows XP-SP2 also allows multiple connections and seems pretty quick to notice new networks, although it is reluctant to connect to open WAPs.

Reply to
dold

I just loaded the T-Mobile. It told me that it had to disable Windows Wireless Zero Config, and my Netgear client manager, but it was ready to connect to my home network immediately after it started. It is pinkish. But that's the T-Mobile color. It's on the web page as well.

Reply to
dold

WiNC works, nothing fancy - There was a freeware version at PCmag that I used for a long time then upgraded to a more current version because someone said it had more features .. which was wrong, same old small toy. The upgrade to current shareware never timed out nor nagged. I'm using winXP'sp2 now and its working just peachy except you have to choose the connections for other than default when default has any signal even blinky poor.

Reply to
bumtracks

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.