Wifi Camera for outdoors

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a good wifi camera I can put outside and I'd like it to not only take a picture to post on a website every x minutes but also be able to remote into the camera and control it with some sort of security so only select folks can control camera.

Any suggestions if such a camera exists or if so any experiences?

Thanks --

Sam

Reply to
Alex
Loading thread data ...

Google search "wifi camera" DUH

Reply to
Alter Ego

Look at the Panasonic BL-C30A Network camera. I use several of these.

JHG

Reply to
JHG

"Alex" hath wroth:

There are probably 30 such wireless cameras available from the usual vendors (Logitech, Linksys, Dlink, Panasonic, Axis, etc). Google should find those for you.

However, I've had image quality "issues" with most of the cheapo CMOS cameras and have gone to a different scheme. Instead of an all in one camera, I use a video server and feed it with either a digital camera, camcorder, or dedicated CCTV camera. I use auto-iris lenses where possible. Such a derrangement is far more expensive than the typical golf ball CMOS camera, but the quality of the images makes the effort worthwhile.

At the bottom of the price scale, are the do it thyself camera/video servers.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
At the other end of the price scale are:
formatting link
For wireless, just add a wireless "game adapter" or "client bridge" device (e.g. Linksys WET54G). Most camera/video servers include pan and swivel controls (which I consider cute but a waste of effort).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I run a website that has various Wireless IP Cameras listed.

The website is

formatting link
I would even checkout D-Link and 4XEM. They offer good cameras that are a lot cheaper than Axis, Panasonic and Sony cameras.

Just a FYI :)

Cheers!

Wes

Reply to
info

Having done this for a ranch, I can tell you that the consumer gear that sells for $100-$300 will not cut the mustard for any kind of serious installation. The primary problem is temperature tolerance, but tolerance to dust, moisture, and light levels on consumer gear is not workable.

Reply to
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Nice site. Thanks for telling us about it.

Reply to
... -.-

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.