wide coverage with a normal wireless broadband modem

Can i access my wireless modem from a distance of 200 Feet or more i have my friend in an appartment which is in the next block 10th floor and im in the next block 18th floor... i dont want to pay for 2 connections... is that possible to access internet using a wireless modem???

Reply to
Neo
Loading thread data ...

If you have line of sight you may be able to access the modem yes, but this does also depend on the quality of the device and recievers. Best option is set up you machine or laptop and and make sure its working and then take to your mates and try and connect. If you have a PDA with GPS you can use that to try and find the single also

Reply to
Richard

"Neo" wrote in news:1123590556.237098.3850 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

going through that much building will most definately be a problem. your only hope to connect wirelessly is to get a nice directional antenna in each of the rooms, aimed PERFECTLY at each other. go to netgear's site and check out their commercial directional antenna's. i believe they're around

15-19db gain.

once again...thats a maybe.

damn wireless and it's MAYBE's

smowk

Reply to
Smowk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.