WI-FI SECURITY - Advice From The FBI

You=92re at the airport waiting for your flight. With time to kill, you=92re thinking of connecting your laptop to the airport's Wi-Fi to check your office e-mail...do some personal banking...or shop for a gift for your spouse.

But first, consider this: odds are there=92s a hacker nearby, with his own laptop, attempting to "eavesdrop" on your computer to obtain personal data that will provide access to your money or even to your company's sensitive information.

formatting link

Reply to
web2.0
Loading thread data ...

If you're using windows XP, know that the geniuses at Redmond let the server function running by default at start up on end-user computers Advice from me: Disable it!

Reply to
bi241

Advice from me: Patch your damn system. If you've installed an XP service pack any time in the last four years, your server service is not listening by default unless you have joined a domain.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

thanks! but no thanks! my shit is doing just fine without "stop leaks", "hot fixes", "first aid", "patches" and the likes

any one who trusts microsoft is an imbecile!

bwahahaha....

Reply to
bi241

If you're going to run Windows, you may as well patch it. If you don't trust patches, you shouldn't trust the base OS either, and should move on.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.