Wi-Fi makes trees sick

"The researchers urged that further studies were needed to confirm the current results and determine long-term effects of wireless radiation on trees." Translation: Send research grant money.

"The study exposed 20 ash trees to various radiation sources for a period of three months. Trees placed closest to the Wi-Fi radio demonstrated a "lead-like shine" on their leaves that was caused by the dying of the upper and lower epidermis of the leaves. This would eventually result in the death of parts of the leaves. The study also found that Wi-Fi radiation could inhibit the growth of corn cobs."

I wonder if it will keep my ivy and blackberries from taking over?

More:

with links back to the original study and translations.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Additional research is how science works.

Radiation from Wi-Fi networks is harmful to trees, causing significant variations in growth, as well as bleeding and fissures in the bark, according to a recent study in the Netherlands.

Additional testing found the disease to occur throughout the Western world. In the Netherlands, about 70 percent of all trees in urban areas show the same symptoms, compared with only 10 percent five years ago. Trees in densely forested areas are hardly affected.

Besides the electromagnetic fields created by mobile-phone networks and wireless LANs, ultrafine particles emitted by cars and trucks may also be to blame. These particles are so small they are able to enter the organisms.

Reply to
John Navas

No problem; all the ash trees in the US will be gone soon, victims of the "Emerald Ash Borer."

formatting link

Reply to
Bert Hyman

Thank goodness I lost my epidermis decades ago ..... won't affect me at all. TIC []'s

Reply to
Shadow

wonder what wifi does to the borer? if it makes them sick, maybe it's a plus....

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.