Why we use different access schemes/technologies for up link and downlink

Hi Every One,

I am confused regarding these different access schemes for up link and downlink or more precisely different access schemes in forward and reverse channel of UMTS / LTE(you can generalise my question).

As far as I am getting, say we use OFDMA for downlink (Base Station to Mobile Terminal) and SC-FDMA (Mobile Terminal to Base Station), the main reason is that if a user (MT) is sending any request say he send

formatting link
then he what actually he is doing is sending just few kbs of data but in return he will get data more then he send that is why the download data rate should be high, thats why we use different access schemes.

But still many things are unclear like, okay we are using OFDMA for higher data rate but what about a video call the user will make? there also he will need high data rate because of real time constraints then why Sc - FDMA and not OFDMA for that????

Thanks and Regards Ashwini

Reply to
Er. Ashwini Patankar
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.