Why only channel 6 works for my linksys WRT54GS v.4 router?

Recently I have flashed my router with dd-wrt to solve the occasionally drop problem.

It did not help that much. When I was playing world of warcraft, I still occationally got disconnected. I was trying to change the channel to 1 or 11 to avoid conflict with neighbours. But every time i changed it. The computer can still connect to the router, wireless network showed up as connected. Just that I could not access any webpage. I could access the router thru the web interface at 192.168.1.1. But just not any webpages (like

formatting link

I don't understand why this is happening. If I set the channel at 6, everything seems fine when I surf online for webpages. Just the occasionlly drop during the game drive me crazy. Not very frequently, but maybe like 2-3 times per night maximum.

Reply to
Zexi
Loading thread data ...

"Zexi" hath wroth:

What *EXACT* version of DD-WRT did you install? Look in the upper right hand corner of the status screen. Mine is: DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std

Weird but not unusual. If the WAN side of the router isn't working, you'll get exactly those symptoms.

What does the status page show? Real IP addresses for the WAN side of the router or 0.0.0.0 which means it's having a bad day. Status -> Router -> Internet

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.