which tool?

Netstumbler does everything except the default admin account and password. It kinda sounds like APTools, but I'm not sure as I don't have it loaded on my machine:

formatting link
I think it's a dead project. You can always lookup the vendor using the MAC address in the IEEE database.
formatting link
See if any of these sound familiar:
formatting link
formatting link

If you installed it on your Windoze computer, check if there's anything left in the registry or in add/remove software in the control panel.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Several months back I was testing the security of my wireless network, and ran across a wardriving tool that not only detected wireless networks, but showed the vendor of the access point, as well as the default administrator accounts and passwords for access points (on a per brand basis).

Unfortunately, I did not document which tool this was (I tested several). Does this feature set sound familiar to anyone? It was a win32 app.

Thanks!

Please replace the "NoSpam" with "MCI" in my email address in order to reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Joe Granto snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.Com Senior Engineer Intel Engineering,MCI

Reply to
Joe Granto

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.