Which sniffer for a D-Link DWL-G650?

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

I use Ethereal for windows, very nice analyzer and free. The only problem is, you must have a card that will operate in promiscuous mode to see all traffic other wise you will just see your own. My linksys card will not do promiscuous mode. Tamos.com has a Commview for wi-fi that has a free trial. It provides a driver to use with the card that puts it into RF Monitor mode (promiscuous). It shows it supports the G650 but not G650+. I havent tried it, it doesnt support my card.

Reply to
Airhead

Reply to
Airhead

After days of searching on google i decided to write here...

Which sniffer or network packet analyzer for a PCMCIA D-link DWL-G650 card? It should have the Atheros AR5002 chipset.

With netstumbler works perfectly

Thank you very much from an Italian boy

Alessandro

Reply to
Alessandro P.

"Airhead" ha scritto nel messaggio news:417ff6ad$0$795$ snipped-for-privacy@news.cablerocket.com...

I've already tried ethereal: no packets detected!

Tamos.com has a Commview for wi-fi that has a free trial.

I will try it!

Does Anyone has other suggestions?

Alessandro

Reply to
Alessandro P.

Sure if you want to spend 4 grand, Imm sure its a great product.

Reply to
Airhead

wildpackets airopeek

"Alessandro P." ha scritto nel messaggio news:07Sfd.93502$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.tin.it...

Reply to
ken di okuto

formatting link
Airopeek $995 with 12 months support Airopeek $1195 with 24 months support

formatting link
Airopeek NX $3495 with 12 months support Airopeek NX $3995 with 24 months support

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Great, let us know how you like the Commview......

Reply to
Airhead

If your card uses an NDIS 5.x "miniport" driver, it should work. (famous last assumption). Most of the common wireless drivers for W2K and XP use the NDIS interface, although there are a bunch that do not.

$500 for the Wi-Fi version of CommView.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

"Jeff Liebermann" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Already tried, but it doesn't support my card, even if the site says that it is supported with the additional drivers :(

However Commview works perfectly! :D

Alessandro

Reply to
Alessandro P.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.