where to buy 2.4ghz antenna cable

i was looking for a low loss antenna cable for a 2.4Ghz wireless project.

i found that the best is the "CNT 600" (0,141 dB @ meter at 2.4 GHz)

Can you suggest me a good internet shop to buy it?

thanx

Reply to
marcos
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@moi.it (marcos) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That cable is big (15mm OD) and heavy (~20Kg/100m), so you should probably look for someplace nearby.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

marcos said the following on 5/8/2006 10:05:

Are you sure you want to go with this? The inner conductor is 4.5mm dia (0.176 inch, 40kW, copper-clad solid aluminum core):

formatting link
Lance

Reply to
Lance

It might be better to place the access point up where you were planning to place the remote antenna, then run a long data cable to it.

Reply to
George

marcos hath wroth:

How low? How lossy? How long? How much money in the budget? Connectors? Numbers please.

That's certainly the best that money can buy. It's also the most expensive and probably overkill for whatever you're doing. CNT-600 costs about $2.60/metre. N-connectors are about $25 each.

May I suggest you look at cheaper cables, such as LMR-400 or LMR-600.

formatting link
2.4Ghz LMR-400 0.22 dB/m LMR-600 0.15 dB/m N-connectors (crimp) are about $6 each. Crimp tools are available for LMR-400 for about $35. I haven't found a cheap crimp tool for LMR-600. Pre-cut cables are available from many vendors.
formatting link

In Italy? I'm not familiar with international vendors and can't read the Italian wireless vendors web sites. Sorry.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.