Where's Jeff?

Just got back on this group recently. I'm noticing the lack of Jeff's presence. Are you there Jeff? Doing OK?

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve
Loading thread data ...

Should we get you some tissues?

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

seaweedsteve hath wroth:

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Yeah, I'm still alive, doing fairly well, and am seriously overworked, over committed, and over subscribed. I also suspect that I just caught a cold or flu. What inspired my sudden disappearance was a storm about 2 weeks ago that dropped the power lines in the area. I had emergency generator and battery power, but just didn't feel like running the generator[1]. So, I left the computah turned off, the TV off, and did some home repair, cleaning, and learned how to cook on the wood burner. Power came back after 6 days, but by then, I was engrossed in my assorted projects and just kept going.

Meanwhile, some of my customers went into the traditional end of the year panic mode somewhat late, and decided that I should drop everything and replace all their equipment with new hardware overnight. All the upgrades and replacements that traditionally happened between Christmas and New Years in the past just hit me. Add a bit of damage control on generators, transfer boxes, solar kludges, and UPS's with dead batteries for entertainment. Of course, I haven't cleaned up my bookkeeping since ummm.... July 2007, and almost missed filing my estimated income tax payment. Meanwhile, I traded for a new junk bicycle, joined yet another volunteer board of directors, and bought some new toys (test equipment) on eBay.

So, I'm verrrry bizzzzeeee, running a fever, runny nose, and suspect that the wonderful world of wireless can survive without my acerbic wit and caustic comments for a while. As Governor Arnold once said, "I'll be back".

[1] I also discovered that my ancient Speedstream DSL modem runs off 18VAC and my Buffalo router runs off 3.3VDC. Not exactly useful for running off a 12v battery. All the good stuff that runs on 12VDC was in my office or on loan to a customer with the same problem.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Good to hear that you've had a stay of execution. Yep, the group felt different . Apologies to all for the personal tone,and I didn't know whom to ask.

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.