Where can I download petition form to install WiMAX tower???

I live in a small rural community with no access to wired broadband. Me and several of my neighbors want broadband but dont want to spend the significant investment in satellite broadband like DirecWay or Starband, plus I heard it's not very reliable service. We have decided we would like a WiMAX tower erected in our county that all of us could access for 1+ Mbps broadband.

Where can I download a petition form to submit to our local township board for their next budget meeting? Most of the township board are not tech-savvy so they will need a petition with plain English explanations of what WiMAX is and what it can offer and how expensive one tower will cost to construct.

Thanks for your help.....

Reply to
TJM
Loading thread data ...

I don't think there are any petitions as of yet. Why not create your own?

Reply to
Tom - www.tditcorp.com

I could do that....but I was hoping there was a pre-made form that listed all the specs of WiMAX and it's benefits for wireless broadband for everyone. I checked the WiMAX.org site but they didnt have any petitions. Help!

Reply to
TJM

Assuming that your board goes with the petition, who are they going to get to put in the tower? There's a lot more to providing broadband than putting up a tower, you're talking about a real project there. You need to try to entice some private company to come in do it on a for-profit basis, or get a grant to pay some high priced consultants. I know one town not far from me that got a grant for $100,000.00 to put up a wireless internet tower and provide access. Somebody made one hell of a profit on that. (why am I never in the right place at the right time?)

Reply to
Rôgêr

If you are interested in Wireless Broadband try

formatting link
Regarding WiMAX read
formatting link

Reply to
FredK

You could go to

formatting link

Wimax is only for backhaul now. and it is only for lincensed spertrum.

Reply to
Shampoo Store

Good point.....I have a friend on the township board and he said they would be willing to spend up to $150K to have a WiMAX tower installed. Right now, the hardest part is finding a provider that can produce broadband service. Anyone know a reasonable wireless ISP geared for WiMAX?

Reply to
TJM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.