What needs to be done for Firefox to visit Panopticlick?

In the *same* Firefox browser, I can have one tab go to my router radio and another tab goes to Panopticlick, and the first tab allows me to over ride the exception but the second tab does not!

See this side-by-side screen shot here:

formatting link

Here are my firefox settings:

formatting link

Here is my firefox version:

formatting link

Firefox is deciding what sites I can go to, not me!

What needs to be done for Firefox to visit Panopticlick?

Reply to
Pavan Bhatnagar
Loading thread data ...

That's strange. Works for me just fine in FF 28. The Panopticlick is rather old, though. Only thing that's useful about it is the stats about other browsers that have the same settings.

This site:

formatting link
has more tests, including the new super-easy-to-use canvas fingerprinter. Using the HTML5 canvas object, it draws a moderately complicated image (text plus shadow with multiple fore- and background colors), then gets a browser generated checksum of the image. It's an exercise in software, graphics library, and hardware interaction.

Elijah

------ did not even get prompted for an unsecure site at Panopticlick

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

I updated one of my machines to FF29, which you show as the browser causing problems, and was still able to visit Panopticlick without getting a certificate warning.

Did you do something like flag their certificate authority (Startcom) as distrusted?

Preferences -> Advanced (tab) -> View Certificates (button) -> Authorities (tab) -> (alphabetical list of authorities, and sublists of certificates from those authorities) These are the general CA certs.

Preferences -> Advanced (tab) -> View Certificates (button) -> Servers (tab) -> (alphabetical list of authorities, and sublists of certificates from those authorities) Certs that have been explicitly trusted or distrusted will be here. For example, I've got an AT&T Web Scraping Proxy here as explicitly trusted for one host, and seven Diginotar certificates as explicitly distrusted for all hosts.

Elijah

------ for whom opening "View Certificates" took quite a while

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.