What is occurring here?..

What is occurring here?: 1) windows 7 connect to wifi modem. 2) initial connection ok by testing with ping 3) minute or two later, connection suddenly dropped,-client shows no internet 4) requires either reboot and reload wifi client or d/c wifi client and reconnect on 2nd usb port. 5) sometimes requires changing local ip using a mac address changer to immediately reconnect. This last time occurred when using Psiphon proxy which frequently d/c when loading a web page. Using a big ISP that provides wifi services. This appears to be some hacker running a d/c program against me? Or is this just flaky wifi?

Reply to
wtfanondotcom
Loading thread data ...

I vote for something flaky. Whether it is software, hardware, or signal--I don't know.

One thing I do know--ping with a standard payload size doesn't do much to test a flaky connection. I have one network segment that I can ping with a maximum payload size of 1372. Try a size like that.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Hemphill

Scott Hemphill snipped-for-privacy@hemphills.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hemphills.net:

Ok thanks, I will lookup the command parameter for adjustng the load

Reply to
wtfanondotcom

That's me.

-sw

Reply to
Sqwertz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.